This state-mandated service is necessary for the transfer of data from public schools districts to the state data repository. It allows districts to be compliant with the demands and timelines established by the State Education Department. This service supports districts in the quest to:
- Report data to all levels of the State Data Warehouse that is complete and accurate.
- Assign each student a unique 10-digit NY ID allowing assessment information to be continuously linked when students move within New York State.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
DEADLINE for reporting ALL 2019-20 EOY SIRS data
DEADLINE for reporting ALL 2019-20 EOY SIRS dataState Reporting
Deadline: PD Certification VR13, VR15, and VR16State Reporting
Deadline: Expected Grades With Enrollment 2020-21
The Expected Grades with Enrollment form collects information about the grade levels a school will be reporting enrollment for on BEDS day for the 2020-21 school year.
All public school districts (outside of New York city) and all charter schools are required to submit the Expected Grades with Enrollment Form online using the IRS Data Exchange application.State Reporting
Deadline: Participation Rate Improvement Plans (PRIP)State Reporting
Deadline: 2019-2020 EOY SIRS Data Certification form dueState Reporting
STATE REPORTING SERVICES
Expected Grades With Enrollment 2020-21 Application Due August 28, 2020
Posted On: 08/03/2020
The Expected Grades with Enrollment form collects information about the grade levels a school will be reporting enrollment for on BEDS day for the 2020-21 school year. The purpose of the collection is to improve state-wide data quality for both state and federal reporting. Please complete the form as grades in your buildings would normally be configured and not according to your school reopening plan in response to COVID-19.
All public school districts (outside of New York city) and all charter schools are required to submit the Expected Grades with Enrollment Form online using the IRS Data Exchange application, available via the NYSED Business Portal at http://portal.nysed.gov.
The online form should be completed and submitted to SED by Friday, August 28, 2020.State Reporting
CRDC Reporting Update
Posted On: 08/03/2020 Due to the impact of COVID-19, the CRDC 2019-20 data will not be reported. In January 2022, the 2020-21 data will be collected.State Reporting
ESSA Reminder - Participation Rate Improvement Plans due August 31st
Updated On: 08/03/2020
The deadline for the development and submission (if required) of Participation Rate Improvement Plans to be implemented in the 2020-21 school year has been extended to Monday, August 31st, 2020. Districts, with schools designated as ‘PRIP’, must complete a plan, have it approved and signed by the BOE and post on the district website.
The link to the form can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/file/essa-2020-2021-participation-rate-improvement-plan-formdocx
The Participation Rate Status report is found on the NYSED IRS Portal: https://portal.nysed.gov/abpState Reporting
Level 0 Historical
Modified On: 08/03/2020
L0 Historical will be available for updates to 18-19 and prior up until 8/21/2020.
Please be reminded that users will need to log into Level 0 Historical using their SEDDAS user names and passwords.
Account provisioning for SEDDAS systems can only be done through the Superintendent's account.
Link to Level 0 historical: https://l0historical.nyseddata.org/
Link to SEDDAS Quick Guide for Entitling users: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/seddas/guides/l0hist-quick-guide-staff.pdfState Reporting
2019- 2020 SIRS Data End of Year Certification due Sept 4, 2020
Posted: 08/03/2020 The 2019-2020 SIRS data end of year Certification forms will be available on the NYSED IRS Data Exchange (IDEx) on August 20, 2020. Data must be certified no later than September 4, 2020.
Only individuals with entitlements to the IDEx application will be able to certify the data. You can access the IDEx though the NYSED Application Business Portal. https://portal.nysed.gov/abpState Reporting
2020-21 Updated NYSED Course to Certification Crosswalk posted to IRSP for use with 20-21 Planniing
Updated On: 07/24/2020 Beginning in the 2020-21 school year, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) will be utilizing a new crosswalk to map the 1,900 State-approved course codes to nearly 1,000 State certification titles contained in the NYSED TEACH database. An updated Crosswalk was posted to the IRSP for use with 2020-21 planning. See attached memo.State Reporting
Suspension of APPR Collection for the 2019-20 School Year
Posted On: 06/18/2020
NYSED is waiving APPR - Staff evaluation data submission requirements for the 2019-20 school year. LEAs are not required to distribute 2019-20 staff evaluation scores and ratings to educators and are not required to submit such data to the Department. See Memo below.State Reporting
August 2020 Regents Cancelled
Posted On: 05/01/2020
NYSED has announced the cancellation of the August 2020 Regents in response to the extended statewide closures of schools and districts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. See memo belowState Reporting
June 2020 Regents Cancelled
Posted On: 04/08/2020
NYSED released guidance and an FAQ on the impact of the cancellation of the June 2020 Regents exams. See Memo and FAQ document in the COVID-19 Closure section below.State Reporting
Suspension of TSDL Collection for the 2019-20 School Year
Posted On: 04/02/2020
NYSED is suspending the Teacher-Student their Data Linkage (Staff Student Course) reporting requirement for the 2019-20 school year.
See AttachmentState Reporting
Participation Rate Improvement Plan Extension
Updated On: July 21, 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 Crisis, the deadline for the development and submission of Participation Rate Improvement Plans to be implemented in the 2020-21 school year has been extended until August 31, 2020.
• These plans were previously required to be approved by BOE’s by May 1, 2020.
• For PRIP guidance, instructions and the form, please see the below documents:
Should you have any questions concerning PRIP, please direct them to us at ACCOUNTINFO@nysed.gov
• Statuses were communicated to districts via the IRS portal on March 5th in a file named: “Part Rate Plan Report 2019-20.”
• A webinar and additional information about plan submission can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/accountability/essa-accountability-designationsState Reporting
2019-20 Guidance on reporting Pre-K in SIRS
Posted On: 09/19/2019 Please see memo with chart for reporting 2019-20 Pre-K in SIRS under SIRS Documents.
- Important to note: Effective July 1, 2019 the state Pre-K grants listed in the memo have been consolidated and should be reported as Universal Pre-K with program service 902: Universal Pre-KState Reporting
Please see the below document for Archived Announcements:State Reporting
COVID-19 Closure Guidance Documents
- Summer School Guidance (Posted On: 06/23/2020)
- Memo: summer-school-manual.pdf
- APPR Collection Suspension 19-20 School Year (Posted On: 06/18/2020)
- Memo: Memo_APPR_1920.pdf
- SIRS Reporting Guidance Assessments Exemptions (Updated On: 07/10/2020)
- Memo: COVID-19 SIRS Reporting of Student Exemptions for the June and August 2020 Regents and Approved Alternative Examinations.pdf
- FAQ: COVID-19 SIRS Reporting June and August 2020 Regents Exemptions Frequently Asked Questions FAQ FINAL REVISED.pdf
- Chart: Reporting High School Assessments in 2019-20 07-10-2020.pdf
- SIRS Reporting Guidance Day Calendar and Attendance (Updated On: 06/12/2020)
- High School Equivalency Diplomas during COVID-19 (Posted On: 06/04/2020)
- Memo: HSE_Guidance.pdf
- Parental Right to Decline Examination Waivers (Posted On: 05/28/2020)
- 2020 Regents Cancellations/Grad Requirements Update (Updated On: 05/27/2020)
- Pre-K Guidance COVID (Posted On: 05/26/2020)
- CTE & Work Based Learning Guidance COVID (Posted On: 05/19/2020)
- English Language Learners Services Update (Updated On: 05/20/2020)
- Special Education Emergency Regulations (Updated On: 06/22/2020)
- 2019-20 Accountability Implications Based on April 2020 US DOE Waivers (Posted On: 05/06/2020)
- NYSED Information & Guidance for COVID-19 (Posted On: 04/08/2020)
- AP Exams Update: (Updated On: 06/26/2020)
- Fee Waiver Memo: 2020 AP IB Fee Waiver Program.pdf
Important information about AP Exams including exam schedule, the new at-home testing option and test security:
IB Exam Update: (Updated On: 06/26/2020)
- Fee Waiver Memo: 2020 AP IB Fee Waiver Program.pdf
- The May 2020 IB exams have been cancelled. May session students have the option to sit for the IB exams in November 2020. Additional information found here:
Year End Documentation
- COVID-19 SIRS EOY Certification Data.pdf (Posted On: 07/06/2020)
- 2019- 20 End Of Year SIRS Data Certification Reports List (Updated On: 07/02/2020)
- 2020 STATE REPORTING END OF YEAR Checklist Final 6 19 20.pdf (Updated On: 06/19/2020)
- Non-Public 2020 State Reporting EOY Checklist.pdf (Posted On: 06/19/2020)
- Reporting High School Assessments in 2019-20 07-10-2020.pdf (Updated On: 07/10/2020)
- VR11-16 District Certifications 19-20.pdf (Posted On: 06/01/2020)
- 2020-21 SIRS Reporting Memo.pdf (Posted On: 07/24/2020)
- 2020-21 SIRS Reporting Timeline.pdf (Posted On: 07/24/2020)
- L2RPT reports refresh dates 2020 by report v2.pdf (Updated On: 06/18/2020)
- SIRS Reporting Timeline 2019-2020.pdf (Updated On: 07/06/2020)
- LHRIC PreK Distribution 2019-20.xlsx (Posted On: 12/06/2019)
- Release of the NYSED Course to Certification Crosswalk.pdf (Posted On: 11/19/2019)
- SIRS Manual-Social Studies Course Code and Assessment Mapping.pdf (Posted On: 11/04/2019)
- 2019-20 SIRS Reporting Memo.pdf (Posted On: 09/19/2019)
- Approved CTE Programs: Lower Hudson Approved CTE (Originally Posted: 09/19/2019)
- GuidancereFall19-PreKandSIRS.pdf (Posted on: 09/19/2019)
- AIS Guidance Memo for 2019-20 based on ELA and Math.pdf (Posted on: 09/12/2019)
- Accurately Reporting Attendance and Chronic Absenteeism Data.pdf (Originally Posted: 4/2019)
- SED Building District List 2019-20.xlsx (Updated on: 12/4/2019)
- NYC District of Residence Address Lookup Searchable Map
- NYC District of Residence Address Look Up.pdf
- PNW BOCES 2018-2019 Virtual Codes for BOCES Use Only.xlsx
- SWBOCES Virtual Codes 2018-2019 BOCES USE ONLY.xlsx
- RBOCES 2018-2019 Virtual Codes for BOCES Use Only.xlsx