This state-mandated service is necessary for the transfer of data from public schools districts to the state data repository. It allows districts to be compliant with the demands and timelines established by the State Education Department. This service supports districts in the quest to:
- Report data to all levels of the State Data Warehouse that is complete and accurate.
- Assign each student a unique 10-digit NY ID allowing assessment information to be continuously linked when students move within New York State.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
BEDS DayState Reporting
Fall 2023 BEDS IMF Form Available on IDEX in IRS Portal
Fall 2023 BEDS IMF online forms will be made available through the IDEX on the NYSED portal – http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/beds/IMF/homeState Reporting
DEADLINE: Immigrant indicator (program service code 8282) and Crisis Code Preliminary Data Due to L1
DEADLINE: Immigrant indicator (program service code 8282) and Crisis Code Preliminary Data Due to L1 to support supplementary Title III funding allocations for those most significantly impacted by newcomers/asylum seekers.State Reporting
DEADLINE to Load: 2022-23 Staff Evaluation scores and ratings to Level 1 by 2:30pmState Reporting
DEADLINE to Load: The 2022-23 the August 2022 Graduates for Total Cohort Graduation Reporting
Please note that an August grad must have an enrollment exit date of 2022-08-31 or earlierState Reporting
STATE REPORTING SERVICES
New! NYSED announces 2022-23 Assessment Data Embargo Release
Posted on 10/04/23
- As a result of the embargo release, the 2022-23 school/district level assessment data available in the Level 2 Reporting Environment may be shared and discussed at the discretion of local school and district leaders.
- Level 1 Instructional Reports with regional data may be shared and discussed at the discretion of local school and district leaders.
- NYSED is preparing aggregated reports of individual school and district data, along with statewide totals, which will be shared with the public in the 2022-23 NYS School Report Card via https://data.nysed.gov/
- The public release of all final state assessment data is anticipated by early December.
2023 3-8 ELA and Math results now available
Posted on 09/13/23
The 2023 3-8 ELA and Math assessment data are embargoed and available to authorized school and district personnel via the Level 2 Reporting (L2RPT) Environment https://data.lhric.org/cognos/bi/. Data under embargo may not be discussed at public meetings, with Boards of Education, Charter School Governing Boards, or otherwise released to the public. Embargoed data are preliminary data to be used for programming and instructional purposes. Date for public release to be determined.State Reporting
The 2021-22 Student and Educator Report Released – Thursday, August 31st
Posted on 08/31/23
NYSED has made the 2021-22 Student and Educator report publicly available at their public data site https://data.nysed.gov/. The Student and Educator Report provides information to the public about students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch; student attendance and suspensions; and school/district average class size, staff counts, and teacher attendance and turnover, and the reporting of student primary instructional modality.State Reporting
NYSED: ELL Placement Timeline Extension Memo
Posted on 08/22/23
- In response to the ongoing migrant crisis, NYSED is working closely with districts, schools, educators, and BOCES across the state to ensure that impacted communities have the tools and resources to best support all students.
- The memo from NYSED’s Office of Bilingual Education sets forth new flexibilities regarding the ELL identification process.
- LEAs are required to notify NYSED of their intent to use this flexibility through submission of the "Attestation in Support of Waiver of the ELL Identification and Placement Timeline for Recently Arrived Children and Youth" form on the NYSED Business Portal.
- See attached memo.
Archived Announcements 2022 - 2023
Please see the below document for Archived Announcements:State Reporting
Data Submission Schedule 2023-2024 (Updated on 10/02/2023)
Memo September 7, 2023: 2023-24 Data Reporting (Posted on 09/08/2023)