This state-mandated service is necessary for the transfer of data from public schools districts to the state data repository. It allows districts to be compliant with the demands and timelines established by the State Education Department. This service supports districts in the quest to:
- Report data to all levels of the State Data Warehouse that is complete and accurate.
- Assign each student a unique 10-digit NY ID allowing assessment information to be continuously linked when students move within New York State.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
DEADLINE: Title III/ELL/Immigrant Counts to L0 by 2:30pmState Reporting
The meeting will be via webinar and the webinar will be recorded and postedState Reporting
DEADLINE for reporting ALL 2019-20 EOY SIRS data
DEADLINE for reporting ALL 2019-20 EOY SIRS dataState Reporting
STATE REPORTING SERVICES
ELL/Immigrant Counts for ESSA Title III Allocation
Posted On: 05/12/2020
NYSED is preparing to calculate 2020-21 Title III ESSA funding allocations for ELL and Immigrant students. Data must be verified and corrected prior to the final data pull on Thursday, June 4th, 2020 @ 2:30pm.
Public school districts and charter schools:
Can verify their counts using a new verification report in the L2 Reporting environment: SIRS 652- Annual Title III Allocation ELL and Immigrant Counts report. The data pull is based on actively enrolled students w/ 0231 and 8282 PS records in L2 as of the latest refresh date – for report specs please refer to the below memo
Non-public school ELL/Immigrant Counts:
• Counts of Immigrant students attending nonpublic schools are reported by the public schools on Item 2 of the Fall 2019 public school District BEDS form.
• Counts of ELL students attending nonpublic schools are reported by the non-public schools on Item 6A of the Fall 2019 Nonpublic BEDS form.
Memo Below for additional InformationState Reporting
August 2020 Regents Cancelled
Posted On: 05/01/2020
NYSED has announced the cancellation of the August 2020 Regents in response to the extended statewide closures of schools and districts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. See memo belowState Reporting
2019-20 Preliminary Teacher Out of Certification Reports Posted to NYSED Business Portal
Posted On: 04/29/2020 The Preliminary Teacher Out of Certification Reports have been posted to the NYSED Business Portal.
This report should be reviewed by all districts, BOCES, and charter schools. No report was generated for districts, BOCES and charter schools where all teachers were found to be certified for their assignments. Information contained in this report was derived from data reported by teachers on their individual BEDS electronic Personnel Master File (ePMF) forms in the fall of 2019 in conjunction with data contained in the Department’s Teacher Certification database. When final, data contained in this report will be used in the New York State Report Cards and for federal reporting purposes.
CEOs must uncertify forms in the Teacher Access and Authorization (TAA) application before corrections are made to individual teacher BEDS forms and then certify them in TAA once they are complete
Corrections to the PMF data must be made in each teacher ePMF form by administrators with entitlements to TAA/TSRV/PMF https://eservices.nysed.gov/taa/
All corrections must be made to the teacher ePMF forms and certified in TAA by the CEO by Friday, May 22, 2020.State Reporting
ESSA Update: Recognition Schools
Posted On: 04/27/2020
• NYSED has identified the list of Recognition Schools based on 2018-19 school year results. Each Recognition School will receive a Certificate of Recognition from the Commissioner.
• The list of identified schools and methodology for determination can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/accountability/essa-accountability-designationsState Reporting
June 2020 Regents Cancelled
Posted On: 04/08/2020
NYSED released guidance and an FAQ on the impact of the cancellation of the June 2020 Regents exams. See Memo and FAQ document in the COVID-19 Closure section below.State Reporting
Suspension of TSDL Collection for the 2019-20 School Year
Posted On: 04/02/2020
NYSED is suspending the Teacher-Student their Data Linkage (Staff Student Course) reporting requirement for the 2019-20 school year.
See AttachmentState Reporting
2019-20 Final Accountability Status Determination For Public Schools Districts and Charter Schools
Posted On: 02/19/2020 On February 13, 2020, NYSED publicly released final district and school accountability status designations for the 2019-2020 school year (based on 18-19 school year results) at https://data.nysed.gov/.
Districts with schools and Charter Schools identified as in Good Standing should note that any school or Charter School that is not a CSI or TSI School, but has any accountability measure of Level 1 for any subgroup, must conduct a needs assessment as part of its subsequent Consolidated Application for ESSA-Funded Programs. The application titled, “2020-21 Consolidated Application - Level 1 Addendum,” may be accessed in the SED Monitoring and Vendor Performance System in the NYSED Business Portal: https://portal.nysed.gov/ The Level 1 Addendum will be available starting on Tuesday, March 2, 2020. Application submissions are due by close of business on Monday, August 31, 2020.State Reporting
Level 0 Historical Open
Modified On: 12/19/19- The Level 0 Historical application will open for updating 18-19 school year data January 27th, 2020. Please be reminded that users will need to log into Level 0 Historical using their SEDDAS user names and passwords. Account provisioning for SEDDAS systems can only be done through the Superintendent's account.
Link to Level 0 historical: https://l0historical.nyseddata.org/
Link to SEDDAS Quick Guide for Entitling users: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/seddas/guides/l0hist-quick-guide-staff.pdfState Reporting
2020-21 Release of the NYSED Course to Certification Crosswalk
Posted On: 11/19/2019 Beginning in the 2020-21 school year, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) will be utilizing a new crosswalk to map the 1,900 State-approved course codes to nearly 1,000 State certification titles contained in the NYSED TEACH database. See attached memo.State Reporting
Participation Rate Improvement Plan Extension
Posted On: April 27, 2020
The deadline for the development and submission of Participation Rate Improvement Plans to be implemented in the 2020-21 school year has been extended until Friday, July 31, 2020.
• These plans were previously required to be approved by BOE’s by May 1, 2020.
• Statuses were communicated to districts via the IRS portal on March 5th in a file named: “Part Rate Plan Report 2019-20.”
• A webinar and additional information about plan submission can be found here: http://www.nysed.gov/accountability/essa-accountability-designationsState Reporting
CRDC Reporting Update
Posted On: 10/16/2019
The Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC) is a mandatory collection that takes place every other year. The next collection is tentatively scheduled to open in the winter of 2021 for the 2019-20 CRDC (there is no 2018-19 CRDC). Districts will be notified over the summer of 2020 as to when the data collection will open. The anticipated data entry will follow a few months later. https://crdc.grads360.org/State Reporting
2019-20 Guidance on reporting Pre-K in SIRS
Posted On: 09/19/2019 Please see memo with chart for reporting 2019-20 Pre-K in SIRS under SIRS Documents.
- Important to note: Effective July 1, 2019 the state Pre-K grants listed in the memo have been consolidated and should be reported as Universal Pre-K with program service 902: Universal Pre-KState Reporting
Please see the below document for Archived Announcements:State Reporting
COVID-19 Closure Guidance Documents
- 2020 Regents Cancellations (Updated On: 05/27/2020)
- Pre-K Guidance COVID (Posted On: 05/26/2020)
- CTE & Work Based Learning Guidance COVID (Posted On: 05/19/2020)
- English Language Learners Services Update (Updated On: 05/20/2020)
- LHRIC: COVID-19 Attendance and Grading Survey Responses (Posted On: 04/28/2020)
- Special Education Emergency Regulations (Updated On: 04/29/2020)
- 2019-20 Accountability Implications Based on April 2020 US DOE Waivers (Posted On: 05/06/2020)
- NYSED Information & Guidance for COVID-19 (Posted On: 04/08/2020)
- AP Exams Update: (Posted On: 04/08/2020)
Important information about AP Exams including exam schedule, the new at-home testing option and test security:
IB Exam Update: (Posted On: 04/08/2020)
- The May 2020 IB exams have been cancelled. May session students have the option to sit for the IB exams in November 2020. Additional information found here:
- SIRS Reporting Timeline 2019-2020.pdf (Updated On: 05/12/2020)
- LHRIC PreK Distribution 2019-20.xlsx (Posted On: 12/06/2019)
- Release of the NYSED Course to Certification Crosswalk.pdf (Posted On: 11/19/2019)
- SIRS Manual-Social Studies Course Code and Assessment Mapping.pdf (Posted On: 11/04/2019)
- 2019-20 SIRS Reporting Memo.pdf (Posted On: 09/19/2019)
- Approved CTE Programs: Lower Hudson Approved CTE (Originally Posted: 09/19/2019)
- GuidancereFall19-PreKandSIRS.pdf (Posted on: 09/19/2019)
- AIS Guidance Memo for 2019-20 based on ELA and Math.pdf (Posted on: 09/12/2019)
- Accurately Reporting Attendance and Chronic Absenteeism Data.pdf (Originally Posted: 4/2019)
- SED Building District List 2019-20.xlsx (Updated on: 12/4/2019)
- NYC District of Residence Address Lookup Searchable Map
- NYC District of Residence Address Look Up.pdf
- PNW BOCES 2018-2019 Virtual Codes for BOCES Use Only.xlsx
- SWBOCES Virtual Codes 2018-2019 BOCES USE ONLY.xlsx
- RBOCES 2018-2019 Virtual Codes for BOCES Use Only.xlsx