This state-mandated service is necessary for the transfer of data from public schools districts to the state data repository. It allows districts to be compliant with the demands and timelines established by the State Education Department. This service supports districts in the quest to:
- Report data to all levels of the State Data Warehouse that is complete and accurate.
- Assign each student a unique 10-digit NY ID allowing assessment information to be continuously linked when students move within New York State.
ACTIVITIES & EVENTS
ESSA Restart Webinar
During this webinar we will review the changes to ESSA during this one-year accountability restart and then we will transition into a review of the metrics of ESSA accountability.
The webinar will be recordedState Reporting
CIO MeetingState Reporting
Participating CBT Districts Only: Updated Demographics, Enrollment, Program Services to be pulled for the CBT Simulation in January
Participating CBT Districts Only: Updated Demographics, Enrollment, Program Services to be pulled for the CBT Simulation in JanuaryState Reporting
EFT Data Due
Initial due date of 2022-23 EFT data in the IDEx.State Reporting
DEADLINE: BEDS Enrollment 1st data pull by grade, district of enrollment, and supplemental enrollments including FRPL 1st Data PullState Reporting
STATE REPORTING SERVICES
BEDS IMF Due Date Extended Until Next Week
Due to an problem with the IDEx site, the state is giving an extension until the end of next week to submit the BEDS IMF forms.State Reporting
Archived Announcements 2021 - 22
Please see the below document for Archived Announcements:State Reporting
20221028: NYSED Update: Change to the Start Date on Type of Disability Extract
We want to make you aware of a change NYSED made recently to the Start Date on the Type of Disability extract.
Prior guidance stated the start date on the Type of Disability record reported to SIRS was the date when services began. NYSED has clarified that rather than reporting the date when services began, the Start Date on the Type of Disability record should begin immediately after the date after the student was found eligible. The 0011 enrollment and Type of Disability must be aligned and are reported whether or not children are receiving services. This will eliminate the gap in enrollment sometimes seen in SIRS when students are awaiting placement.
NYSED has communicated this change to Frontline IEP and other Special Ed Management systems, and we have been notified that Frontline has implemented the change.
This change applies to both Preschool and School age students, but the effect will be most noticeable in L0 with overlapping errors for preschool age students if enrollment and Type of Disability start dates don’t align.
More information will be forthcoming shortly from our team on best practices and examples for reporting enrollment records for these students.
Frontline has also posted a message to their Message board about this change.
Please review with those in your district responsible for maintaining cpse/cse enrollment records.State Reporting
Accountability Restart Webinar and Frequently Asked Questons (FAQ) Document Now Available
- NYSED has posted a webinar titled, “Preparing for the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) Accountability System Restart for the 2022–23 School Year” that provides information on New York State’s ESSA State Plan Addendum that was approved by the United States Department of Education (USDE) in September 2022. The webinar explains the one-year accountability system that will be used for making 2022–23 school year accountability determinations using 2021–22 school year data.
- NYSED has also posted an FAQ document, “New York State Accountability Restart for the 2022–2023 School Year Using 2021–2022 School Year Data: Frequently Asked Questions” that provides frequently asked questions related to restarting the accountability system.
- Both resources can be found on the NYSED website at: School and District Accountability.
- Questions regarding the accountability restart may be directed to email@example.com.
2022 Assessment Data Embargo Released
NYSED releases the 2022 Assessment data embargo effective immediately. Please see NYSED memo for more information.State Reporting
COVID-19 Guidance Documents
- Back to School Resources- NYSED (Posted On: 08/23/2022)
- SIRS Reporting Guidance: Assessment Exemptions & Appeals
- FAQ: June 2022 Regents Exemptions US History & Gov't: faq-cancellation-regents-exam-ushg-framework-622-revised.pdf (Updated On: 06/21/2022)
- Memo: Amendment Cancellation June 2022 Regents US History & Gov't: June 2022 Amendment Regents Examinations in US History and Govt.pdf (Posted On: 06/16/2022)
- Regents Special Score Appeal Memo: nysedmemospecialappeallowerscore22-23.pdf (Posted On: 05/20/2022)
- FAQ: Regents Special Score Appeal: Special Score Appeal FAQ.pdf (Updated On: 11/09/2022)
- Office of Accountability (Updated On: 04/14/2022)
- Office of State Aid/SIRS Attendance Guidance (Updated On: 09/15/2021)
- Memo: 21_22ReportofSchoolClosureandReopeningMemoFINAL.pdf (Posted On: 12/02/2021)
- Memo: memo-2021-22-snow-day-pilot-5-2021.pdf
- Link: https://stateaid.nysed.gov/attendance
- Pandemic EBT Information (Updated On: 08/26/2021)
Student Digital Resource Data Collection
- Memo Sept 7, 2021: Digital Equity Survey Data Collection and Reporting via SIRS September 2021.docx (Posted On 09/10/2021)
- Template Example: Student Digital Access-REV-9-22.xlsx (Updated On: 09/22/2022)
- Data Submission Schedule 2022-2023.pdf (Updated On: 11/18/2022)
- SIRS Memo: SIRS Reporting Memo 2022-23 (Posted on 10/03/2022)
- Scenarios - Change to Start Date on Type of Disability Extract for New Referrals.pdf (Updated on 11/07/22)
- SIRS Memo: Academic Intervention Services for the 2022-23 School Year Based on Spring 2022 Grades 3-8 Assessment Scores.pdf (Posted On: 08/31/2022)
- 2022-23 SCED COURSE CROSSWALK (Posted On: 08/24/2022)
- 2022-23 SCED COURSE CODES (Posted On: 08/24/2022)
- My Brothers Keeper - Districts with Active Grants for Program Service Codes 4005-4009.pdf (Updated on: 03/16/2022)
- MBK collection of data required for grants 11Jan2022.pdf (Posted On: 01/14/2022)
- Approved CTE Programs: Lower Hudson Approved CTE
- Liberty Partnership Program: Lower Hudson LPP LEA Partners.pdf
- SED Building District List 2022-2023.xlsx (Updated: 11/14/2022)
- 2022-2023 Rockland BOCES Virtual Locations - For BOCES Use Only.xlsx (Posted 10/06/2022)
- 2022-2023 PNW BOCES Virtual Locations - For BOCES Use Only Updated 10 20 2022.xlsx (Updated 10/20/2022)
- 2022-2023 SW BOCES Virtual Locations - For BOCES Use Only.xlsx (Posted 09/16/2022)
- NYC District of Residence Address Lookup Searchable Map
- NYC District of Residence Address Look Up.pdf
- APPR Approved Plans: http://www.nysed.gov/educator-quality/educator-evaluation-plans (Posted On: 01/14/2022)
- APPR Guidance & Information: http://www.nysed.gov/educator-quality/appr-statute-regulations-and-guidance
- APPR Resources for Data Collection/Submission
- NYSED Graduation Requirements
- NYSED Multiple Pathways Graduation Info
- Regents Appeal, Supt Determination
- High School Equivalency Pathway
Year End Documentation
Monthly Tasks and Reports
- November CIO Tasks.pdf
- October CIO Tasks.pdf
- September CIO tasks 2022.pdf
Level 1 Report Guides - Grouped by Review Periods
- BEDS Reporting.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Demographic Enrollment Program Services.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Ell Student Data.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Immigrant Student Data.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Student Attendance and Suspensions.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Staff Data.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- UIAS Reports.pdf
- Service Provider Reports.pdf (Updated On: 12/01/2021)
September - December
- Special Education October Snapshot.pdf (Updated On: 10/04/2022)
- PD System Quick Reference Guide.pdf (Updated on: 10/04/2022)
November - June
- Course and Instructor Data.pdf (Updated On: 09/2/2022)
- Teacher Certification Reports.pdf (Updated On: 12/01/2021)
- Identifying Issues for Teachers Out of Certification on the SIRS 328 Report.pdf (Updated On: 12/01/2021)
End of Year
- NYSED Testing.pdf (Updated On: 09/23/2022)
- Regents Exams.pdf (Updated On: 09/23/2022)
- Graduation and Cohort Reports.pdf (Updated On: 08/29/2022)
- Student Grade Detail.pdf
- EOY Special Ed Reporting.pdf