Computer Based Testing
Computer Based Testing 21-22 News and Updates
New York State is transitioning to computer-based testing (CBT) for the ELA & Math 3-8, Science 5 & 8 exams and has already for NYSAA!
If your district / school is interested in giving Computer Based Tests and you have any questions about it please feel free to give our department a call. 914-922-3001
21-22 LHRIC CBT Q & A Panel Webinar Recording and resources - 11/22/21
- Croton Harmon's Google Classroom from 2020 Testing
- Teaching Forward - Preparing Kids for Computer Based Testing
- Yonkers - Practice with Question Samplers
News and Update Emails
We send out emails as we receive new information from NYSED about CBT.
If you would like to receive emails about CBT let us know.
See our previous emails below for the 2021-22 School Year.
Steps For Particpation
- Online Requests for CBT Operational and SAFT (10/1/21 to 12/10/21)
- Verify CBT Technology Readiness (10/11/21 to 12/30/21)
- Participate in CBT Simulation (01/10/22 to 01/14/22)
- Participate in all webinars provided by NYSED
- Simulation webinar (11/9/2021 - 10am)
- Practice tests can be given to students at any time via the secure browser or via the web
21-22 CBT Simulation
For the 2021-22 school year, there will be only ONE CBT Statewide Simulation.
- Simulation Period: 01/10/22 to 01/14/22
- Simuation Webinar:11/9/2021-10am
The simulation is mandatory. It is is an opportunity for school staff to evaluate the readiness of their school's internal systems, hardware, and school testing procedures for CBT.
Participation in the Simulations prior to testing affords teachers and students the opportunity to practice and strengthen their familiarity with Questar's testing platform that mimics the actual testing environment.
Operational CBT schools must participate in the Statewide CBT Simulations.
NYSED will be using real student data for the simulation,therefore student login ticket may not be generic as compared to previous years.
If you missed the webinar, you may view the presentation notes via this link: Notes from CBT Simulation Webinar
Proctor Training: 2021-22 NY State Grades 3-8 ELA and Math CBT Proctor Training
Winter Training: 2021-22 NY State Grades 3-8 ELA and Math CBT Winter Training
ScorePoint Training: ScorePoint Training
- 11/9/21:Simulation Webinar
- 11/24/21: Deadline to load simulation data via level0/level1
- 12/10/21: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 12/30/21: Deadline to submit Technology Readiness Checklist
- 01/10/22 to 01/14/22: Statewide CBT Simulation - Makeup Dates 1/19 & 1/20
- 2/10/22: Operational CBT ELA program service and demographic data due to L2
- 2/28/22: ELA Students and Classes Tabs open in Nextera
- 3/10/22: Operational CBT Math program service and demographic data due to L2
- 3/14/22: ELA Test Tab Opens open in Nextera
- 3/14/22 to 4/13/22: ELA Not Tested Codes can be set in Nextera
- 3/28/22: Math Students, Classes, Tests Tabs open in Nextera
- 3/28/22 to 5/12/22: Math Not Test Codes can be set in Nextera
- 4/1/222: Enrollment and Demographic data due for CBT SAFT ELA/Math/Science
- 5/9/22: Students, Classes and Test Tabs open in Nextera
21-22 Operational /Field Test Dates
ELA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/29/22 to 4/5/22: Administration Dates
- 4/1/22 to 4/8/22: Make-Up Dates
- 4/1/22 to 4/13/22: Scoring Dates
Math CBT Operational Test Dates
- 4/26/22 to 5/4/22: Administration Dates
- 4/29/22 to 5/9/22: Make-Up Dates
- 4/29/22 to 5/12/22: Scoring Dates
NYSAA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/14/22 to 6/10/22
- 2022 NYSAA Dates to remember
ELA and Math CBT Field Test Dates
- 5/16/22 to 6/3/22: Administration Dates
Science 5 and 8 CBT Field Test Dates
- 5/16/22 to 6/3/22:Administration Dates
NYSAA Dates to Remember
- 3/14/22:Spring NYSAA Assessment Window opens
- 6/10/22:Spring NYSAA Assessment Window closes
- 6/10/22: By 5pm , all special circumstances code must have been entered
- 7/25/22: Last day to download and save all Data Extracts in Educator Portal
21-22 NYSAA Resources
- NYSED website for NYSAA
- Dynamic Learning Maps New York Page
- NYSAA DOB Chart
- Kite Educator Portal
- Help administering writing testlets
- Help submitting writing testlets
- Teacher surveys
Before an assessment can be administered via the Kite system, the following steps must be complete.
- View and Check Student Data
- View and Check Roster. Load Roster if it not available
- Complete PNP Profile
- Complete the First Contact survey
The First Contact survey must be submitted before Educator Portal will allow assessment participation in any window. If the First Contact Survey is submitted after the opening of a window, then assessment participation is delayed by 24 hours.