Computer Based Testing
Computer Based Testing 23-24 News and Updates
New York State is transitioning to computer-based testing (CBT) for the ELA & Math 3-8, Science 5 & 8 exams and has already for NYSAA!
If your district / school is interested in giving Computer Based Tests and you have any questions about it please feel free to give our department a call. 914-922-3001
22-23 CBT Simulation Prep / Open Discussion Webinar Recording 1-12-23
News and Update Emails
We send out emails as we receive new information from NYSED about CBT.
If you would like to receive emails about CBT let us know.
NEXTERA Admin Login (ELA & Math 3-8)
DLM-KITE Educator Login (NYSAA)
Online Requesting of the 2023 Grades 3-8 Exams
- 22-23 Procedures for Requesting Shipping and Storing of Materials for the 2023 Administration of the NYS Test
- 21-22 LHRIC CBT Q & A Panel Webinar Recording and resources - 11/22/21
Steps For Particpation
- Online Requests for CBT Operational and SAFT (10/4/22 to 12/09/22)
- Verify CBT Technology Readiness (10/03/22 to 12/30/22)
- Participate in CBT Simulation (01/17/23 to 01/27/23)
- Participate in all webinars/trainings provided by NYSED
- Practice tests can be given to students at any time via the secure browser or via the web
22-23 CBT Simulation & Field Testing
- (11/21/22) - NYSED 22-23 CBT Simulation Training Videos Posted
- Simulation Period: January 17, 2023 to January 27,2023
- CBT Open Discussion Presentation Slides
The simulation is mandatory. It is is an opportunity for school staff to evaluate the readiness of their school's internal systems, hardware, and school testing procedures for CBT.
Participation in the Simulations prior to testing affords teachers and students the opportunity to practice and strengthen their familiarity with Questar's testing platform that mimics the actual testing environment.
Operational CBT schools must participate in the Statewide CBT Simulations.
NYSED will be using real student data for the simulation,therefore student login ticket may not be generic as compared to previous years.
Field Testing (SAFT):
- NYSED Field Testing Memo - March 2023
- For schools that chose to participate in the computer-based Grades 3–8 ELA and Mathematics Field Tests, schools will receive a package from Questar that will be shipped directly to schools and will contain the Field Tests School Administrator’s Manual and Field Tests Teacher’s Directions for the grade and subject assigned to the schools, as well as accommodated editions. For the computer-based mathematics field tests only, Spanish editions only will be available. Schools are not expected to include students in the field test who are making use of a special edition during the operational test that is not available for the field tests.
- Still have questions? call 914-922-3001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
23-24 Deadlines & Trainings - ELA & Math 3-8
Please note that the information below is for 23-24 school year is not complete. We will update our page as we receive new 23-24 information.
- Mid-Late September: Nextera Flip
- 10/13/23: NYSED In-Person Fall road show- Registration
- Early October: Online request system opens
- Early October: Technology readiness
- Mid-Late January: CBT simulation
22-23 school year
- 12/30/22: Deadline to complete Technology Readiness
- 12/8/22 by 2:30PM: -Demographic, enrollment, and program service data for simulation
- 12/09/22: Deadline to load simulation data via level0/level1
- 12/09/22: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 12/21/22: Student, Class and Test Tabs open in Nextera for Simulation Prep
- 01/17/23 to 01/27/23: Statewide CBT Simulation
- 02/15/23: NYSED Winter Roadshow In Person at the LHRIC (8:30am -12:00pm)
- 2/23/23: State Pre-ID File enrollment, program service, and demographic data due to L2 for ELA and Math Operational Testing
- 3/13/23: The students and classes tabs for both ELA and Math will open
- 3/16/23 : CBT Open Discussion Zoom - Simulation Recap and Preparing for Operational Testing-Please email for zoom link
- 4/3/23: The tests tab will open for ELA and Math
- 4/3/23 – 5/4/23: Setting ELA Not Tested Code for Operational Testing
- 4/3/23 – 5/17/23: Setting Math Not Tested Code for Operational Testing
- 4/14/23: State Pre-ID File enrollment, program service, and demographic data due to L2 for ELA and Math SAFT CBT
- 5/1/23: The students and classes tabs for both ELA and Math will open for SAFT CBT
22-23 Operational /Field Test Dates
ELA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 4/19/23 - 4/26/23: Administration Dates
- 4/24/23 - 4/28/23: Make-Up Dates
- 4/24/23 - 5/04/23: Scoring Dates
Math CBT Operational Test Dates
- 5/02/23 - 5/09/23: Administration Dates
- 5/05/23 - 5/11/23: Make-Up Dates
- 5/05/23 - 5/17/23: Scoring Dates
NYSAA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/13/23 - 6/09/23
- 2023 NYSAA Dates to remember
ELA, Math & Science CBT Field Testing Dates
- 5/15/23 - 6/2/23
22-23 Deadlines & Trainings -NYSAA
- 10/04/22 - 11/18/2022: NYSAA-DLM Virtual Training. Prior registraion required
- 10/21/22: Deadline to complete review of user information in Educator Portal
- 11/10/22: NYSED pull of students identified as NYSAA-eligible by 2:30PM
- 11/23/22: Rostering of students begins in the Kite System
- 2/20/2023: Deadline to complete First Contact survey (FCS) and Personal Needs Profile (PNP) for spring assessment
- 3/13/23: Spring NYSAA Assessment Window opens
- 6/09/23: Spring NYSAA Assessment Window closes
- 7/23/23: Last day to download and save all Data Extracts in Educator Portal
22-23 NYSAA Resources
- NYSED website for NYSAA
- Dynamic Learning Maps New York Page
- NYSAA DOB Chart
- Kite Educator Portal
- Help administering writing testlets
- Help submitting writing testlets
- Teacher surveys
Before an assessment can be administered via the Kite system, the following steps must be complete.
- View and Check Student Data
- View and Check Roster. Load Roster if it not available
- Complete PNP Profile
- Complete the First Contact survey
The First Contact survey must be submitted before Educator Portal will allow assessment participation in any window. If the First Contact Survey is submitted after the opening of a window, then assessment participation is delayed by 24 hours.