Computer Based Testing
Did you know that The New York State Education Department is transitioning to computer-based testing (CBT) for the ELA/Math 3-8 and NYSAA exams?
If your district / school is interested in giving Computer Based Tests and you have any questions about it please feel free to give our department a call. 914-592-4203 x3001
Steps For Particpation
- Online Requests for CBT Operational and SAFT (12/6/2019)
- Verify CBT Technology Readiness (12/30/2019)
- Participate in CBT Simulation (1/28/2020 or 2/11/2020)
- Winter Training Roadshow at LHRIC (2/14/2020) from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Registration link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SB5WRQV
- Practice tests can be given to students at any time via the secure browser or via the web
For the 2019-20 school year, there will be two CBT Statewide Simulations offered to schools on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 and Tuesday, February 11, 2020.
It is an opportunity for school staff to evaluate the readiness of their school's internal systems, hardware, and school testing procedures for CBT.
Participation in the Simulations prior to testing affords teachers and students the opportunity to practice and strengthen their familiarity with Questar's testing platform that mimics the actual testing environment.
Schools should plan on scheduling at least one of the Statewide CBT Simulations.
There was a Statewide Simulation Webinar before the actual Simulation : 1/10/2020 from 10 am to 12 pm.
If you missed the webinar, you may view the presentation notes via this link: Notes from CBT Simulation Webinar
Student login tickets will be generic, with student names being Last1, First1 and will be available for printing through Nextera Admin
- 12/6/19: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 12/30/19: Deadline to submit verification via Nextera Admin
- 1/10/20: CBT Simulation Training Webinar
- 1/28/20: Statewide CBT Simulation
- 2/7/20: Operational CBT ELA demographic data due to L2
- 2/10/20: Statewide Winter Training Webinar (online)
- 2/11/20: Statewide CBT Simulation
- 2/28/20: Operational CBT Math demographic data due to L2
- 3/3/20: Proctor Training Webinar
- 3/4/20 to 3/6/20: Score Point Training Sessions
Operational Test Dates
ELA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/24/20 to 3/31/20: Administration Dates
- 3/30/20 to 4/3/20: Make-Up Dates
- 3/30/20 to 4/9/20: Scoring Dates
Math CBT Operational Test Dates
- 4/20/20 to 4/27/20: Administration Dates
- 4/24/20 to 4/30/20: Make-Up Dates
- 4/24/20 to 5/6/20: Scoring Dates
NYSAA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/9/20 to 6/5/20