Computer Based Testing
New York State is transitioning to computer-based testing (CBT) for the ELA/Math 3-8 and NYSAA exams!
If your district / school is interested in giving Computer Based Tests and you have any questions about it please feel free to give our department a call. 914-592-4203 x3001
As we start the 20-21 school year, we have resumed our weekly Computer Based Testing calls with NYSED. As new information is released, we will be updating districts via email with information pertaining to Computer Based Testing .
If you would like your email address to be added to these emails please Contact us.
Computer Based Testing 20-21 News and Updates
Steps For Particpation
- Online Requests for CBT Operational and SAFT (10/1/20 to 12/11/2020)
- Verify CBT Technology Readiness (Dates will be provided as the school year proceeds)
- Participate in CBT Simulation (First Simulation: 12/9/20 to 12/11/20 & Second Simulation: 1/12/21 to 1/14/21)
- Practice tests can be given to students at any time via the secure browser or via the web
20-21 CBT Simulation
For the 2020-21 school year, there will be two CBT Statewide Simulations.
- Simulation Period 1: Wednesday, December 9 through Friday, December 11
- Simulation Period 2: Tuesday, January 12 through Thursday, January 14
It is an opportunity for school staff to evaluate the readiness of their school's internal systems, hardware, and school testing procedures for CBT.
Participation in the Simulations prior to testing affords teachers and students the opportunity to practice and strengthen their familiarity with Questar's testing platform that mimics the actual testing environment.
Schools should plan on scheduling at least one of the Statewide CBT Simulations.
There is a recorded simulation webinar that helps prepare for the simulation:NYSED recorded simulation trainings
NYSED will be using real student data for the simulation,therefore student login ticket may not be generic as compared to previous years.
- 12/11/20: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 12/30/29: Deadline to submit Technology Readiness Checklist
- 12/14/20: Deadline for Level 1 data to participate in the January Simulation
- Mid November:Simulation training recordings will be available
- 12/9/20 to 12/11/20: Statewide CBT Simulation 1
- 1/12/21 to 1/ 14/21 :Statewide CBT Simulation 2
20-21 Operational Test Dates
ELA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 4/19/21 to 4/26/21: Administration Dates
- 4/27/21 to 4/29/21: Make-Up Dates
- 4/23/21 to 5/5/21: Scoring Dates
Math CBT Operational Test Dates
- 5/3/21 to 5/10/21: Administration Dates
- 5/7/21 to 5/14/21: Make-Up Dates
- 5/7/21 to 5/20/21: Scoring Dates
NYSAA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/8/21 to 6/11/21
- 2021 NYSAA Dates to remember