Computer Based Testing
Computer Based Testing 22-23 News and Updates
New York State is transitioning to computer-based testing (CBT) for the ELA & Math 3-8, Science 5 & 8 exams and has already for NYSAA!
If your district / school is interested in giving Computer Based Tests and you have any questions about it please feel free to give our department a call. 914-922-3001
21-22 LHRIC CBT Q & A Panel Webinar Recording and resources - 11/22/21
- Croton Harmon's Google Classroom from 2020 Testing
- Teaching Forward - Preparing Kids for Computer Based Testing
- Yonkers - Practice with Question Samplers
News and Update Emails
We send out emails as we receive new information from NYSED about CBT.
If you would like to receive emails about CBT let us know.
See our previous emails below for the 2021-22 School Year.
NEXTERA Admin Login (ELA & Math 3-8)
DLM-KITE Educator Login (NYSAA)
Online Requesting of the 2023 Grades 3-8 Exams
Steps For Particpation
- Online Requests for CBT Operational and SAFT (10/4/22 to 12/09/22)
- Verify CBT Technology Readiness (10/03/22 to 12/30/22)
- Participate in CBT Simulation (01/17/23 to 01/27/23)
- Participate in all webinars/trainings provided by NYSED
- Practice tests can be given to students at any time via the secure browser or via the web
22-23 CBT Simulation
- New! (11/21/22) - NYSED 22-23 CBT Simulation Training Videos Posted
- Simulation Period: January 17, 2023 to January 27,2023
The simulation is mandatory. It is is an opportunity for school staff to evaluate the readiness of their school's internal systems, hardware, and school testing procedures for CBT.
Participation in the Simulations prior to testing affords teachers and students the opportunity to practice and strengthen their familiarity with Questar's testing platform that mimics the actual testing environment.
Operational CBT schools must participate in the Statewide CBT Simulations.
NYSED will be using real student data for the simulation,therefore student login ticket may not be generic as compared to previous years.
22-23 Deadlines & Trainings - ELA & Math 3-8
Please note that the information below is for 22-23 school year is not complete. We will update our page as we receive new 22-23 information.
- 12/30/22:Deadline to complete Technology Readiness
- 12/8/22 by 2:30PM: -Demographic, enrollment, and program service data for simulation
- 12/09/22: Deadline to load simulation data via level0/level1
- 12/09/22: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 01/17/23 to 01/27/23: Statewide CBT Simulation
21-22 school year
- 11/9/21:Simulation Webinar
- 11/24/21: Deadline to load simulation data via level0/level1
- 12/10/21: Deadline to submit exam request via NYSED portal
- 12/30/21: Deadline to submit Technology Readiness Checklist
- 2/10/22: Operational CBT ELA program service and demographic data due to L2
- 2/28/22: ELA Students and Classes Tabs open in Nextera
- 3/10/22: Operational CBT Math program service and demographic data due to L2
- 3/14/22: ELA Test Tab Opens open in Nextera
- 3/14/22 to 4/13/22: ELA Not Tested Codes can be set in Nextera
- 3/28/22: Math Students, Classes, Tests Tabs open in Nextera
- 3/28/22 to 5/12/22: Math Not Test Codes can be set in Nextera
- 4/1/222: Enrollment and Demographic data due for CBT SAFT ELA/Math/Science
- 5/9/22: Students, Classes and Test Tabs open in Nextera
22-23 Operational /Field Test Dates
ELA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 4/19/23 to 4/26/23: Administration Dates
- 4/24/23 to 4/28/23: Make-Up Dates
- 4/24/23 to 5/04/23: Scoring Dates
Math CBT Operational Test Dates
- 5/02/23 to 5/09/23: Administration Dates
- 5/05/23 to 5/11/23: Make-Up Dates
- 5/05/23 to 5/17/23: Scoring Dates
NYSAA CBT Operational Test Dates
- 3/13/23 to 6/09/23
- 2023 NYSAA Dates to remember
22-23 Deadlines & Trainings -NYSAA
- 10/04/22 - 11/18/2022:NYSAA-DLM Virtual Training. Prior registraion required
- 10/21/22:Deadline to complete review of user information in Educator Portal
- 11/10/22:NYSED pull of students identified as NYSAA-eligible by 2:30PM
- 11/23/22:Rostering of students begins in the Kite System
- 2/20/2023:Deadline to complete First Contact survey (FCS) and Personal Needs Profile (PNP) for spring assessment
- 3/13/23:Spring NYSAA Assessment Window opens
- 6/09/23:Spring NYSAA Assessment Window closes
- 7/23/23: Last day to download and save all Data Extracts in Educator Portal
22-23 NYSAA Resources
- NYSED website for NYSAA
- Dynamic Learning Maps New York Page
- NYSAA DOB Chart
- Kite Educator Portal
- Help administering writing testlets
- Help submitting writing testlets
- Teacher surveys
Before an assessment can be administered via the Kite system, the following steps must be complete.
- View and Check Student Data
- View and Check Roster. Load Roster if it not available
- Complete PNP Profile
- Complete the First Contact survey
The First Contact survey must be submitted before Educator Portal will allow assessment participation in any window. If the First Contact Survey is submitted after the opening of a window, then assessment participation is delayed by 24 hours.