Supporting District Finance Teams Reentry Support
Disaster Recovery Service
If you are a participant in our Disaster Recovery Service for Financial Services, the LHRIC can assist in processing your paychecks in the event that your district is unavailable to do so. The Disaster Recovery Service can be of help in various scenarios:
We are strongly encouraging Districts to promote Direct Deposit to avoid delays in payment due to unforeseen circumstances.
If your District is closed and the LHRIC is open
If your District is closed and the LHRIC is open, we will help to process your paychecks at 450 Mamaroneck Avenue, Harrison. We need the following items in order to accommodate you:
- A quantity of blank paychecks which include 20% more than normally utilized.
- A list of qualified District staff who will report to 450 Mamaroneck Avenue to run the payroll to validate the amounts and recipients. LHRIC staff can support the process, but does not validate the check recipients or amounts.
- If the server is not hosted at the LHRIC:
- We will need access to your servers from 450 Mamaroneck Avenue and can work with your technical staff to confirm availability.
- Delivery of checks is the District’s responsibility.
- Prior to any execution of this DR process, you must book a 2-hour appointment using Service Now to run through and confirm all aspects of this plan.
- Please review the following documentation beforehand to ensure you have a smooth payroll run: Process& Checklist
If both your District and the LHRIC are closed; but 450 Mamaroneck is accessible to LHRIC Staff
If both the District and LHRIC are closed but LHRIC staff have access to 450 Mamaroneck Avenue, we will be able to provide check printing at the LHRIC and you should follow the steps listed in the first scenario.
If both your District and the LHRIC are closed due to state health mandates and 450 Mamaroneck is NOT accessible to LHRIC staff
If both the District and the LHRIC are closed due to state/county health emergency, we will not be able to provide check printing. We will only be able to resume printing of checks once the facility is deemed able to be re-opened.
Manager - Financial Services
Financial Management Software
The LHRIC supports both Finance Manager’s FM2000 and the new nVision software which provides business offices with the ability to manage financial, human resources and other business operations. The LHRIC service provides initial and ongoing training, workshops, user groups, telephone and when applicable on-site support, a financial helpdesk, and meetings with TRS, ERS and the IRS. The software can be hosted at the LHRIC or at the District running Windows Server. The LHRIC provides a comprehensive Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan in our generator powered facility. Data is also backed up to an offsite Regional Information Centers located elsewhere in the state.
Disaster recovery can be initiated at these other locations depending on the nature and extent of the emergency. Finance Manager provides payroll, human resources, negotiations, budget projections, remote requisitioning, purchasing, accounts payables and receivables, bidding, general ledger, time management revenue, GASB34 reporting modules, report writing capabilities and interface with Excel. Finance Manager allows for software interfaces to Omni and AESOP. A module allows for electronic timekeeping via devices that use fingerprint recognition using a mathematic algorithm to record time, which interfaces with the payroll module. A new WEB based employee self-service portal is being launched this year.
nVision: Takes school business management software to the next level with powerful new features and enhancements that meet the everyday challenges facing today’s school districts and municipalities. This solution will provide business offices with a high-performing application that improves efficiency and streamlines business operations better than ever before. Staff will be able to share more data while automating daily processes for optimal workflow. Modules include Accounting, Budget, Payroll, Requisitions, Receivables, Human Resources, Bidding, Negotiations, and Time & Attendance.
- Increased Speed and Efficiency
- Personalized Informational Dashboards
- Customizable Views Layout
- Message Center
- Email Response System
- Customizable Smart Grids with Microsoft export capabilities
- Ability to add Custom Data Fields
- Personal Customizable Report Builder
- Workflow Management with Event Notification
- Powerful New Reporting Options with drill-down capabilities
- Report Export Options in Microsoft Excel, Word, .PDF, Rich Text Format
- Role-based Permission Profiles
- Highly Sophisticated Search Tool
Taking It to the Next Level!
The LHRIC serves the component school districts in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland Counties.
Payroll, Human Resources, Negotiations, Budget Projections, Remote Requisitioning, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Bidding, General Ledger, Revenue, and GASB34 Reporting modules utilizing the latest in database technology. The system includes a user-friendly report writer, a customizable report writer within Human Resources and FM Reports that also interface directly with MS-Excel.
Why Partner With Financial Services at the LHRIC?
The LHRIC Does Whatever it Takes to...
Make Your District Successful!
Full application phone support along with remote PC access support for all application modules.
- World class customer service and support from our staff that have acquired years of experience working with our districts
- One on One comprehensive training that is tailor made specifically for each district's needs.
- Training documentation, tax change documentation, New York State Retirement System updates and workshops.
- Daily backups of all databases along with secondary databases at LHRIC for testing and disaster recovery.
- Disaster recovery services to ensure business continuity in any emergency or situation.
- ST3 trainings and setup along with scheduled meetings for all of your TRS, ERS & IRS needs.
SUPPLEMENTAL SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Data Conversion and Implementation
- Printing of W2 and 1099 tax forms
- Hardware/Network Configuration and Installation
- Complete Server Support and Maintenance
- Specialized Salary and Attendance Letters
- System Security Maintenance and support
Timepiece: Real-time, fully integrated time and attendance management software solution for municipalities and school districts, is a comprehensive, scalable and flexible solution that can operate as a stand-alone system or as a fully integrated module of the Finance Manager product suite.
- Comprehensive calculation parameters such as rounding rules, revision of time to schedule, daily and weekly overtime calculations, and automatic lunch break deductions
- Supports complex pay practices and policies
- Create set schedules for time and attendance monitoring and tracking pay, distribution, and pay consequences
- Period shift scheduling from department to employee levels, including unlimited shifts and paid events
- Employee Pay Rates and Attendance balances synchronized with Human Resources and Payroll
- Accurate, real-time labor management reports for enhanced decision-making
- Analysis Information displays total hours and dollars broken down by regular, overtime, holiday, comp time, etc. and employee work calendars
Employee Self Service (ESS)
A central gateway, the Employee Self Service (ESS) is a web portal that keeps supervisors, managers and employees connected. This provides your employees and managers easy access to essential personal and employment information in a single location.
nVision ESS portal also gives your administrators and management staff control by allowing them to review, approve and deny requests submitted by employees.
Employees can manage, view and/or submit requests for the following:
- Demographic and emergency contact information
- Education, certifications, licenses and classes
- Dependents, spousal information and beneficiaries
- Payroll checks, YTD payroll and withholdings
- Voluntary payroll deductions and direct deposit
- Attendance events, balances and leave requests
With the Employee Self Service Portal:
Increase productivity by providing immediate access to essential information such as leave requests, benefit enrollments, pay deductions and tax withholding adjustments.
Reduce waste with a paperless environment by granting staff members an electronic means to submit requests for updates and changes, additional copies of W-2s, payroll checks/direct deposit and other forms, saving the district time and money.
Improve internal communications and increase staff satisfaction by sharing important employment information.
Facilities Management Software
The LHRIC partners with CapProSoft, a facilities management software developer, and hosts a fault-tolerant environment for two software applications: CPPRT and FAST. These applications provide systems for Capital Project Management and Facilities 5-year planning.
CPPRT enables districts to track and report on capital projects on a multi-year basis. It allows districts to maintain fiscal control, provides an audit trail and history for projects and works with the New York State Education Department’s facilities planning requirements — generating all required reports.
FAST provides a district with a central database of information about facilities infrastructure, building types, health/safety issues, major utility systems, site conditions and fire inspections. FAST is designed to help districts fulfill mandates of the Comprehensive Public School Building Safety Program, including annual visual inspections and the 5-year facilities plan. It can also serve as a knowledge base for future capital projects.