STATE DATA VALIDATION SERVICE (Certify) – COSER 611
State Data Validation Service
This service provides districts with an automatic, web-based NYS data quality management service. Software tests the District Student Information System, Special Education System and Human Resource System data against the State reporting rules on a daily basis. This Rules Validation Engine software specifically tests 800+ NYSED Level 0 business rules and provides next day notification of errors giving the district time to correct problems. A scorecard is also generated to help prevent the repetition of errors and a Data Quality Certification IndexTM, provided by building or department, tracks progress toward 100% compliance with NYS reporting requirements.
The service automates validation of Student Information System and Special Education System data for NYS Reporting. The service produces automatic daily error reporting (scorecards) that is available to staff (CIO, Special Education, etc.) to give them the maximum TIME available to correct errors.
- Reduces the need for additional District personnel- Automates District manual labor.
- Maximizes the amount of time available to correct errors - Automatically publishes a DAILY error report.
- Reduces the risk of lost funds - Under-reporting of Special Education Students, etc.
- Reduces the risk of personnel turnover -Reduces District dependence on a key individual for State Reporting.
- Prevents errors by Data Entry personnel -NEXT DAY feedback loop prevents re-occurrence of errors.
- Increases accountability for data quality -a DAILY error report can be emailed to data owners for any building, department, etc