Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Service
About Disaster Recovery
The LHRIC provides a comprehensive Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Plan in our generator-powered facility. Sensitive Data is backed up to offsite Regional Information Centers located elsewhere in the state. Disaster recovery can be initiated at these other locations depending on the nature and extent of the emergency. The most common disaster recovery scenario being: LHRIC assists in the process of issuing paychecks in the event that your district is unavailable to do so.
Manager - Financial Services
Disaster Recovery Process
If you are a participant in our Disaster Recovery Service for Financial Services, the LHRIC can assist in processing your paychecks in the event that your district is unavailable to do so. The Disaster Recovery Service can be of help in various scenarios >>
We are strongly encouraging Districts to promote Direct Deposit to avoid delays in payment due to unforeseen circumstances.
Disaster Recovery Scenarios
If your District is closed and the LHRIC is open
If your District is closed and the LHRIC is open, we will help to process your paychecks at 450 Mamaroneck Avenue, Harrison. We need the following items in order to accommodate you:
- A quantity of blank paychecks which include 20% more than normally utilized.
- A list of qualified District staff who will report to 450 Mamaroneck Avenue to run the payroll to validate the amounts and recipients. LHRIC staff can support the process, but does not validate the check recipients or amounts.
- If the server is not hosted at the LHRIC: We will need access to your servers from 450 Mamaroneck Avenue and can work with your technical staff to confirm availability.
- Delivery of checks is the District’s responsibility.
- Prior to any execution of this DR process, you must book a 2-hour appointment using Service Now to run through and confirm all aspects of this plan.
- Please review the following documentation beforehand to ensure you have a smooth payroll run: Process & Checklist
If both your District and the LHRIC are closed; but 450 Mamaroneck is accessible to LHRIC Staff
If both the District and LHRIC are closed but LHRIC staff have access to 450 Mamaroneck Avenue, we will be able to provide check printing at the LHRIC and you should follow the steps listed in the first scenario.
If both your District and the LHRIC are closed due to state health mandates and 450 Mamaroneck is NOT accessible to LHRIC staff
If both the District and the LHRIC are closed due to state/county health emergency, we will not be able to provide check printing. We will only be able to resume printing of checks once the facility is deemed able to be re-opened.