Instructional Technology » Instructional Technology Services by Software » Explorelearning Gizmos
Explorelearning Gizmos - Powerful Web Based Simluations for Math and Science, Grades 3-12
What is it? ExploreLearning.com offers the world's largest library of interactive online simulations for math and science education in grades 3-12. We call these simulations Gizmos. Gizmos are:
- fun, easy to use, and help students develop a deep understanding of challenging concepts through inquiry and exploration.
- research-based, flexible tools used by teachers across all 50 states in a wide variety of ways. Gizmos are ideal for small group work, individual exploration, and whole class instruction using an LCD projector or interactive whiteboard.
- designed to supplement your existing curriculum. Gizmos are correlated to state curriculum standards and over 200 textbooks, making them easy to integrate into your instructional program.
How does LHRIC support it?
LHRIC negotiates specialized licensing pricing directly with Explorelearning, and passes the savings directly to districts.
In addition, LHRIC provides the following services and support:
- Project planning with district;
- Procurement and purchase order generation and license renewal;
- "Getting Started" basic orientation/refresh for new users (1 full day session per year); F2F
- Technical troubleshooting as needed;
- Coordination of web based extended professional development offerings provided by Explorelearning team
What does it cost?
Explorelearning licenses its product by individual student accounts. Student licenses are sold as either math or science at $ 3.25 per student per year, or math and science at $ 5.00 per student per year*. Accounts for teachers/faculty and are free. Districts pay $ 1500 for the LHRIC Support Fee described above.
*Estimate AO 2010-2011; please request formal proposal.
How do I get it?